Raindrop Technique is a spiritual anointing, and as such, it works to bring balance and harmony to the body, soul, and spirit. If this is your first Raindrop, it is completely normal to feel a little nervous. Read these tips to help prepare for your Raindrop Technique appointment.
Before Your Raindrop
- Because Raindrop can facilitate bodily detoxification, it’s best to abstain from caffeine and alcohol as much as possible for about 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Drink lots of water the day before and the morning of your appointment. It’s also important to drink plenty of water after your session, especially if you develop a headache.
- Shower before you come. This is because it is optimal to leave the essential oils on your skin for at least 24 hours for maximum absorption and therapeutic benefits.
- Refrain from using scented lotions, creams, or perfumes before your session.
- If you feel excessively nervous, fearful, or uneasy, spend some time in prayer and receive the comfort of the Holy Spirit. Trust that He is prepared for your session and is eager to walk with you through the process.
Preparing for Your Raindrop
- Wear comfortable clothing to your appointment. You will need to remove your shirt and bra, but it is not necessary to remove your pants (unless desired). Stretchy or loose-fitting pants are best.
- Come with an open mind. Your session is completely unique and will depend on your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Many people come with expectations for their session. While some expectancy is acceptable and even beneficial, it is best to surrender our thoughts and desires. God always knows exactly what needs to be addressed, and He is faithful!
- Let me know in advance if you have any aversions to specific essential oils or prefer for me not to use certain oils. If you have a nut allergy, please let me know so I can substitute a nut-free carrier oil.
- Please let me know if you have recently received any vaccines, started new medications, or had recent exposure to other chemicals.
After Your Raindrop
- You may experience some symptoms of detoxification following your raindrop. Headache, thirst, and mild fatigue are not uncommon. Again, be sure to drink plenty of water to help the detoxification process and alleviate symptoms. Worse symptoms, such as a rash, are less common. Please let me know if you become concerned with any symptoms you experience.
- You may feel emotional, even up to several days following your session. This is also completely normal. Allow yourself time to process any emotions that surface and do not try to hold in or “stuff” any emotions that arise.
- Some people feel energized following a raindrop, while others feel sleepy. Most clients report feeling “lighter”. All of this is normal. Just listen to your body and rest when needed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your appointment, please feel free to reach out to me. I am happy to answer questions and help put your mind at ease for a rejuvenating, transformational experience.
Head to this page to learn more about what to expect from your session.